Posted on 04 Dec 2013 (80 Views)
This Saturday Spike TV will be airing their VGX
awards and in attendance will be music artists performing some of their songs from Grand Theft Auto V's soundtrack
. They include A$AP Rocky, The Chain Gang of 1974, Jay Rock and Tyler the Creator, along with special guests. Also performing selections from the game's official score will be composers Woody Jackson, The Alchemist and Oh No.
In addition to showing off the music selection, Grand Theft Auto V and Rockstar North are nominated for a few awards:
There's still time to vote in each category to sway the awards council's opinion. So go vote! VGX will be streamed globally beginning at 6:00 PM Eastern Time US on VGXLive.com
and other streaming platforms. For a full list of places to watch, visit the official site
. Join the chat at the GTA 5 forums
Posted on 02 Dec 2013 (175 Views)
Rockstar has released wallpapers for both Simeon and Tracey titled as "Fame or Shameless".
"Despite an alarming lack of discernible talent, Tracey De Santa does her best to put on a brave face as she auditions cheerfully for the variety show Fame or Shame. By the same token, ignoring any complaints on his highly questionable lending practices and aggressive vehicle repossession policies, Simeon Yetarian stands defiantly in front of his Premium Deluxe Motorsport dealership."
Get them in various sizes at Rockstar downloads here
or click above for the largest version. Join us at the GTA 5 forums
Posted on 27 Nov 2013 (901 Views)
Rockstar Games is celebrating the American holiday this weekend - not really Thanksgiving but more Black Friday. Catch deals in both Grand Theft Auto Online as well as in real life at the Rockstar Warehouse
. More details below...
Grand Theft Auto Online Deals
After you've recovered from gatherings with dysfunctional family members, participating in unplanned scuffles in department stores over drastically discounted kitchen appliances and engaging in wanton acts of mass poultry consumption, sneak back to Los Santos where a host of GTA Online items will be discounted this holiday weekend.
Targeting your elusive bounty for the holiday table shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
Black Friday Sale
- 50% Off "Hunting" Rifles: Assault Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Heavy Sniper, Sniper Rifle
- 50% Off All Rifle Attachments
- 50% Off All Rifle Ammo
Color-coded Discounts are the new black this season.
- 50% Off Select Black Colored Clothing & Accessories, including: jewelry, ties, shirts, vests, jeans, pants, board shorts, dresses, skirts, chinos, shoes, flip-flops, cargo pants, t-shirts, tracksuits, tank tops, hoodies, polo shirts, skate shoes, oxfords, boots, masks, ear defenders, hats, beanies, bandanas, helmets, glasses and much more.
- 50% Off Select Black Colored Vehicle Modifications: window tinting, black tire smoke, black license plates
These Grand Theft Auto Online deals start tomorrow, Thursday, Novermber 28th and all throughout the holiday weekend until the end of day on December 1st.
Rockstar Games Warehouse
When you're done fighting through the mayhem at Rockford Plaza or indulging in GTA Online's Thanksgiving-themed discounts at Ammu-Nation and Los Santos Customs, hit up the Rockstar Warehouse
for their annual Black Friday Sale.
Rockstar is offering a special 20% off discount
on all collectibles and apparel. This includes all the latest Grand Theft Auto V gear like the Zippo Lighter and Bugstars Logo Tee, plus everything from classic titles like Red Dead Redemption and their entire inventory of Rockstar Games branded shirts & apparel.
This offer starts on Friday morning at 12:01am Eastern Time US and ends at 11:59 PM Monday night.
Awesome deals! See you online and join us at the Grand Theft Auto 5 forums
Posted on 26 Nov 2013 (2824 Views)
Say what?! Rockstar Games has announced that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be coming to mobile devices in December. The whole game has been upgraded and enhanced for the re-launch.
Encompassing Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas and everything in between, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has been upgraded for its mobile release. Newly remastered graphics including dynamic and detailed shadows, greater draw distance, an enriched color palette, plus enhanced character and car models make this the best-looking version of San Andreas yet.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas also features brand new touch controls including contextual control options to display buttons only when you need them and three different control schemes for driving and maneuvering, as well as a reworked checkpoint system for easier progression. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for mobile also comes equipped with full controller support, including Made for iOS controller capability on iOS7. It will be available for select iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle and Windows Mobile devices.
Stay tuned for more details soon and join us at the GTA 5 forums
Posted on 22 Nov 2013 (1848 Views)
With most of Grand Theft Auto Online's issues resolved and the first DLC released
, Rockstar Games is finally hosting a Social Club event all weekend long. Look for live videos streams, extra bonuses in-game, and of course prizes! More details below...
All weekend long, plunge into a special Social Club Event Playlist
of brand new Jobs from the freshly landed Beach Bum Pack, a hand-picked selection of ten of Rockstar's favorite new Jobs. Drop some sea shells, go for a fuel-injected run on the beach, and take in some of the most spectacular stretches of coastline in the Los Santos Bay area in modes including Sea Race, Parachute, Team Deathmatch and more. The best performers in the Social Club Event Playlist on each platform will score themselves a special vanity license plate reward
for bragging rights and to commemorate their achievement.
In Free Roam, look out for an influx of special Event Crate Drops
dropping frequently all weekend containing more than double the usual amount of RP
plus high-powered weapons, bonus cash and clothing. They'll be unlocked for every player to help you pack more than just sunscreen on the blazing sands.
This inaugural GTA Online Social Club Event also features exclusive sweepstakes giveaways of beach-ready GTAV collectibles
, a very special live stream broadcast on Friday and more. Rockstar will be on the lookout for your sun-kissed Snapmatic pics all weekend so be sure to tag them #VespucciBeachParty
so that they can find them easily.
Here’s a full rundown of all the action to expect...
Special Event Playlist
Available this weekend only is a special Social Club Event Playlist of new Jobs curated to test your mastery of land, air and sea:
- View of Vespucci (Parachute)
Show some Vespucci beach bums the true meaning of 'spaced out' with this steep parachute descent from 2980ft. See how many checkpoints you can hit before opening your 'chute.
- Up the Creek (Bike Race)
Dirt bike point to point going along Cassidy Creek and ending at the Alamo Sea. Shred from gravel and pavement to the beachfront and try to trump the rest for fame and fortune.
- Water Rings (Sea Race)
A challenging and scenic boat race weaving around the islands North of Paleto Bay. Tip: Look out for a ramp to help you get one over on your competitors.
- Vespucci Beachfront (Team Deathmatch)
Stop the gentrification of Vespucci Beach dead in its tracks with this Team Deathmatch around and on top of the businesses along the beachfront.
- Grass Route II (Race)
In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- Sundae Driving (Bike Race)
Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
- Procopio Beach (Team Deathmatch)
Home to an infamous truck stop, Procopio Beach has long been known as a place where people come to blow off steam, and this Team Deathmatch along the shoreline at the foot of Mt. Gordo is no exception.
- Gone Coastal (Sea Race)
Hug the coastline, pull off some breakneck turns and leap over treacherous rocks and islets in this rough race that starts in the LS River and takes you through the Palomino Highlands on the East Coast.
- Turn the Tide (Race)
In this off road Race along the coast, up to sixteen speed demons leg it out across Procopio Beach and the North coast down through Paleto State Beach to Paleto Cove.
- The Cove (Parachute)
Enjoy the stunning vistas as you rapidly descend towards Paleto Cove by Mount Chiliad... but not so much that you forget to open your chute. Prepare for a long free fall from 7500ft, weaving and diving between checkpoints and the drop zone.
Three Ways to Join:
In-Game Vanity License Plate Awards
- Look out for the button prompt in the initial GTAV loading screen (visible to Social Club members only)
- Follow instructions on the loading screen when transitioning into GTA Online from Story Mode (also only visible to Social Club members)
- Select Online > Playlists > Rockstar Playlists > Vespucci Beach Party on the GTA Online Start Menu
Rockstar has reserved 20 special and unique vanity license plates to award top performers in the Event Playlist Leaderboard for each Job across both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. By the end of day Monday November 25th, they’ll award the following plates to the 20 people who achieve the below (plates will be added to your collection in your iFruit app):
- VESPUCCI (360), AMPED UP (PS3)
View of Vespucci - player with the max score who made the quickest descent
- SURFS UP (360), UP CREEK (PS3)
Up the Creek – player with the best overall time
- SEAMAN (360), POINTBRK (PS3)
Water Rings – player with the best single lap time
- HANGFIVE (360), HANGTEN (PS3)
Vespucci Beachfront – player with the most kills
- SUP BRO (360), SUP BRA (PS3)
Grass Route II – player with the best overall time
- SUNDAED (360), CRUISING (PS3)
Sundae Driving – player with the best single lap time
- WIPEOUT (360), SURFSUP (PS3)
Procopio Beach – player with the best KDR
- BIGSURF (360),GOCOASTL (PS3)
Gone Coastal – player with the best overall time
- SURFINLS (360), TURNTIDE (PS3)
Turn the Tide – player with the best overall time
- THECOVE (360), LSSURFER (PS3)
The Cove – player with the max score who made the quickest descent
Note that in the case of two players getting precisely the same stat, Rockstar Games will decide on a tie-breaker stat at their discretion.
Sweepstakes Grand Prize
Five lucky Social Club member will score a Grand Prize of surf-ready Grand Theft Auto V gear including the rare GTAV Logo Beach Towel and Los Santos Lifeguard Tee as seen below. Ten Social Club members will also score Grand Theft Auto V Prize Packs consisting of official GTAV tees, stickers and more. Enter to win all weekend from Friday November 22nd through Sunday November 24th at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events
. Official Rules here
Live Stream GTA Online Event Broadcast
Tune in on Friday, November 22nd, from 2 to 4 PM Eastern Time US at socialclub.rockstargames.com/events
or at twitch.tv/rockstargames
for a special first live GTA Online Event broadcast show hosted by Rockstar. They’ll also be hosting a live chat at both of those pages where you can ask questions, or tell them what you and your Crew are up to in Online and they just might drop in on you to spectate with their live Event cameras
. Members of Rockstar Games will also be online during the broadcast playing on both Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network as PlayRockstar, PlayRockstar1 and PlayRockstar2, so feel free to look for them and send a friend request on Friday.
See you there and Crew up at the Grand Theft Auto V forums
Posted on 21 Nov 2013 (1146 Views)
Rockstar Games has added new items to their warehouse
's Grand Theft Auto V collection
. Grab a Bugstars T-shirt, Zippo Lighter, or choose a range of posters.
Bugstars Logo Tee
Put the FU in fumigate with this burgundy 100% cotton tee that features the logo for Los Santos' most notorious and most dubious pest control outfit on both the front and back.
Grand Theft Auto V Zippo Lighter
This classically styled refillable genuine Zippo Lighter features a high-polished chrome finish with a laser etched "V" logo on its front and a small Rockstar logo on the back.
Grand Theft Auto V Poster Collection
Take Los Santos wall-to-wall with these six new 22”x28” posters featuring original artwork from Grand Theft Auto V. Choose from original character artwork featuring Michael, Franklin, and Trevor - each available individually or as a set of three, or the popular "Beach Weather" and "Stop and Frisk" ladies. There's also a special two-sided poster featuring Michael and Franklin's Preparation for the Vangelico Heist on one side and the Official Cover Art on the reverse.
Check it all out at the Rockstar Warehouse
and join us at the GTA V forums
Posted on 19 Nov 2013 (1756 Views)
Today the Beach Bum Update
is live for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Beach Bum content comes via a free update to GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V's Story Mode as part of the latest automatic Title Update (1.06), so just fire up your console to download it. Alongside additional game tuning (see details below), the Beach Bum update includes:
NEW VEHICLES, WEAPONS & MORE
Take on new Beach Bum Races with the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck or the Bravado Paradise beach camper van. For aquatic-based endeavors, the classic Speeder speedboat is also now available. All four vehicles can also be accessed in Story Mode and are available at no in-game cost. To access them in GTA Online, just visit the southernsanandreassuperautos.com in-game website (or docktease.com for the Speeder).
Also available in both Story Mode and Online (and at no additional in-game cost) are the new SNS Pistol & Broken Bottle - a pair of close range weapons perfect for any beach blanket brouhaha. This update also features a wide array of new apparel - everything from casual canvas hats to tank tops, t-shirts, board shorts and bikinis in a wide range of styles and colors plus new hairstyle and tattoo customization options.
30 NEW GTAO JOBS COMING TO THE WORLD OF LOS SANTOS & BLAINE COUNTY
In conjunction with today's Beach Bum update, Rockstar is also adding 30 new Jobs to GTA Online today. This includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings and Gang Attacks, plus the beachfront "Survival on Del Perro Pier" and more!
TITLE UPDATE 1.06
Along with the new Beach Bum update content, automatic Title Update 1.06 also includes a host of fixes and adjustments for Grand Theft Auto Online, which are listed here:
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
Players experiencing any remaining technical issues (or specific issues relating to this new Title Update) are encouraged to visit the Rockstar Support
website and get in touch with a member of the support team for proper assistance. You can also hit them up at @RockstarSupport
DYNAMIC TUNING TO GTA ONLINE
In tandem with today's Title Update, Rockstar also completed a new round of dynamic tuning on the game. This includes changes to the Bad Sport system and continued balancing of rewards for all different types Jobs. Notable adjustments are listed below:
- The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
- In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
- Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
- The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of $200 per star.
- Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.
Rockstar Games still wants feedback about gameplay in GTA Online. Hit them up at email@example.com
to give your ideas.
SOCIAL CLUB WEBSITE UPDATES
Finally, Rockstar Games has updated the Social Club Website with additional features and stats including weapon & usage stats
, Garage page showing your current vehicles and their mods
, and an updated Vehicles page showing handling stats for all vehicles
Enjoy and join us at the GTA 5 forums
Posted on 13 Nov 2013 (2810 Views)
First up, Rockstar has released more official artworks as wallpapers. They are titled collectively "To Have and to Hold" and feature Amanda practicing yoga plus Michael outside Lester's garment factory:
Click above for largest size or get them in various sizes at Rockstar Downloads here
Next up is the big news. The first *FREE* DLC for GTA Online - the Beach Bum update - is coming next week on Tuesday, November 19th. The update includes two new weapons, a quartet of rugged and fun new vehicles for land and sea, lots of new action-packed Jobs, plus a wide variety of suitably rad new apparel, hairstyle and tattoo customization options. Read on for more details...
The Beach Bum update will bring a slew of new action-packed Jobs to GTA Online next week. These include new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals as well as Gang Attacks for those who enjoy a good territorial skirmish.
Here are just a few of Rockstar's favorite new ones that are on the way:
- "Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- "View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- "Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- "Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
Expect these and lots more Jobs to be added to Grand Theft Auto Online next week.
Hit the shore with four sand-and-surf-ready vehicles perfect to take on the all new Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches: the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and making a special return to the GTA series, the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat. All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website and the Speeder available via docktease.com on your in-game phone (call Pegasus for delivery). These vehicles are also available in Story Mode for Michael, Trevor and Franklin to enjoy - to access them, visit your garage property and the Marina property for the vehicles and the boat respectively.
Expand your arsenal with two new free weapons - the compact yet deadly SNS Pistol and the brutal new Broken Bottle melee weapon which is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal encounters. Each weapon will be available gratis from any Ammu-Nation location in GTA Online and will be added straight into each of the three characters' inventory in Story Mode.
New Customization Options
You'll be able to deck out your GTA Online character with all new beach-ready customization options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for that West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more...
Posted on 30 Oct 2013 (3894 Views)
Rockstar Games is hosting a photo contest on the Snapmatic page
of the Social Club.
"Snapmatic photo-sharing from your in-game iFruit phone in GTAV and GTA Online makes it a cinch to snap and share that picturesque view from the peak of Mount Chiliad, the fifty car pile-up you engineered on the road to Fort Zancudo or that wild fistfight you stumbled into between Piswasser'ed derelicts at the local 24-7. Of course, all it takes is the work of one photobomber to drastically alter the outcome of whatever you were trying to capture."
For all you compulsive shutterbugs out there, entrance into Rockstar's very first Snapmatic photo contest will run from right now through till end of day Monday, November 4th. With this inaugural contest theme of #EpicPhotobomb
they want to see the best photobombs you can come up with. Whether it be a unexpectedly volatile pedestrian coming to clobber you, a scantily clad Trevor running amok in the middle of your self-satisfied selfie or a rival player causing an explosive disturbance while you calmly attempt to snap your sweet Los Santos Custom-ized hot rod. Rockstar will pick out five of their favorite awesomely amusing and artfully composed iFruit camera pics that fit the bill and will share the winning shots later.
The five winning photos will also each score a sweet Grand Theft Auto V prize pack including an iFruit phone case and phone decals plus an official GTAV tee and the sought-after Chop stash stuffed animal. Originality and inspiration will be rewarded!
To enter, Social Club members can upload photos from the in-game iFruit phone to the Snapmatic page at socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic
. When logged in at the Snapmatic page, you can go to "My Photos", to find your photo and add the hashtag #EpicPhotobomb
to automatically have it considered for entry. Rockstar would also like to remind all hopefuls to make sure your contact email information is up to date in your Social Club account settings and also encourage you to link your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts to your Social Club profile so that they can easily contact you to send prizes should your picture be chosen.
Contest is void in certain countries and where prohibited. See www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events
for official rules and eligibility details.
Have fun and join us at the GTA 5 forums
Posted on 29 Oct 2013 (3836 Views)
Rockstar Games has released two official artworks as wallpapers. The artwork of Chop was seen a while ago but the one of Franklin is brand new:
Click above for full size or get them in various sizes for your computer or mobile device from Rockstar Downloads
. Rockstar Games also notes another title update should be coming later this week with the stimulus package following.
Join the chat at the GTA 5 forums